The company is recruiting an ambitious Senior ESG Consultant who can take a client through the strategy implementation journey, through well-crafted goals and actions to bring the strategy to life through engagement. The role will involve overseeing and working on sustainability reporting for clients, analysing data to identify opportunities for improvement and providing advice and support to help clients deliver on their ambitious sustainability strategies. The team is currently managing a wide variety of clients, and this role is expected to account and project manage several clients. This position reports to the Associate Director and is based principally in our offices in central London, with frequent opportunity for travel.
The Senior ESG Consultant is responsible for
- Understanding of clients’ sustainability impacts and carbon footprints, to advise on setting and delivering on ambitious carbon reduction and wider sustainability targets
- Experience of developing a sustainability strategy from scratch, from setting vision statements, to performing materiality reviews.
- Helping clients in the delivery of projects from compliance, setting targets to delivering on ambitious goals such as Net Positive or Science Based Targets
- Being able to sensitively challenge, through providing insights, future trends, and articulating the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
- Creation of thought leadership pieces for communication, to enhance client offerings, and ensure the team remain at the forefront of emerging thinking.
- Building a strong working relationship with client sustainability teams through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Developing client relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget.
- Supporting the business development of our carbon and wider sustainability services to a range of listed investors and corporate client base.
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs.
- Support the professional development of others within the team.
The successful individual will have
- Relevant degree and/or masters or equivalent work experience
- Experience in strategy planning, building business cases, and demonstrating the value of sustainability and the business imperative for tackling climate change
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to manage and interpret data to inform effective decision making
- Experience in initiatives such as CDP, GRESB, ESOS, Science Based Targets, Net Positive approaches are desirable
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, in written, visual and numeric work
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from employees at all levels
- Experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders
- Good awareness of a broad range of corporate social and environmental sustainability programmes, including areas such as Science Based Targets and Net Positive goals
- Passionate about tackling climate change and about the wider sustainability agenda
How to apply:
To apply, please send us you Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with a mention of the role you wish to apply for in the subject.