Longevity Partners is a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy and investment business. It was established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We have offices in London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, San Francisco, Austin and New York.
For this newly created role, Longevity Partners wishes to appoint an experienced, dynamic General Counsel to lead and further develop the global Legal function and to future-proof the Company. This is an outstanding opportunity for an international lawyer who combines diverse technical legal experience with strong commercial judgement and team management skills to help shape Longevity’s strategic growth initiatives and contribute to the ongoing development of the Company.
This position requires a seasoned, dynamic leader with significant experience of providing leadership and management to an international Legal function and who will be a proactive, expert, and progressive partner to the business as well as a commercial advisor to the Board of Directors and the Executive Board. This position is based in one of our European offices.
Based in one of our European offices and reporting to the Global CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for the international Legal function, comprising approximately 50 professionals based all over the world. He/she will have the mandate to review, assess and enhance the function and to position it as a delivery and service focused business partner.
The General Counsel will act as the first point of contact in all legal matters, including corporate transactions (M&A and disposals) and corporate law, commercial contract and contract management, disputes and claims and liability management.
He/she will work closely with the various stakeholders in Longevity Partners to promote, assess and analyse strategic and operational business risks in management, value chain and supporting processes across all of Longevity’s business agendas and all organisational levels.
Specific tasks & responsibilities will include the following:
- The General Counsel provides strategic legal advice on all aspects of the mandate and operational issues, covering governance, corporate and institutional legal matters.
- Provide high quality support and strategic guidance to the Board of Directors and the Executive Board on key legal, governance and regulatory issues within the organisation.
- Horizon-scan to define the regulatory landscape in which the company operates.
- Proactively build respectful, effective relationships with key business stakeholders across the business as a trusted business partner.
- Timely, transparent and reliable legal risk management in order to avoid conflicts related to international laws and regulations.
- Provide the necessary legal input on all transaction and contractual negotiations, responsible for protecting the company’s interests in the documentation and ensuring that a proper due diligence exercise is undertaken.
- Oversee on an international basis the appointment and contribution of external legal advisors to ensure specified legal outcomes are delivered on time, within budget, and at the required quality.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration with corporate functions.
- Oversee the appointment and contribution of external legal advisers to ensure specified legal outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and at the required quality.