Longevity Partners is a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy and investment business. It was established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We have offices in London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, San Francisco, Austin and New York.
The company is recruiting a Financial Controller to maintain financial control for all management businesses of Longevity and subsidiaries. The individual will work closely with senior management to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day activity and manage and supervise the finance team (management accountant / accounts assistance).
This position is based in one of our European offices.Longevity Partners is a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy and investment business. It was established in 2015 to support the transition to a low carbon economy in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We have offices in London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, San Francisco, Austin and New York.
- Working with the CFO and COO to produce management accounts, statutory accounts, and board reporting.
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and provide financial forecast budgeting compared with actuals
- Manage cashflow by tracking transactions and regular reviewing
- Managing the end of year annual accounts process including completion of the audit
- Manage a team of 2 who will be responsible for transactional finance (AP/AR/Credit Control) whilst encouraging process automation where possible.
- Continuingly striving to improve processes to support the business during its next growth phase.
- Responsible for quarterly board reporting (using the Corporate Longevity models)
- Responsible for consolidating Longevity group subsidiary financial information for quarterly BVA variances to Finance Director
- Responsible for providing narrative and explanation for quarterly BVA variances to CFO
- Review Month-end Accounts
- Responsible for Year-end accounts, audit, tax filing and processes
- Responsible for scheduling Year end audit and tax timetable including ensuring statutory filing is done on time.
Payroll (incl benefits)
- Deal with new starters and leavers
- Schedule probation meetings (Longevity)
- Maintain staff information
- Forward payroll information to BDO payroll team
- Check payroll information from BDO
- Create payroll reports for approval
- Supply Accounts team with payroll journals to be posted on Sage
- Liaise with PS Aspire benefits team on Group Life, Pension and BUPA
- Make sure that pension certificates are issued
- Make salary payments, including PAYE and Pension by deadlines
- Check leave schedule maintained on People
- Staff Vetting
- Deal with staff queries
- Deal with annual P11D and PSA reporting and payments.
- Oversee approving VAT reporting.
- Oversee approving CIS reporting.
- Oversee Supplier Invoicing process and purchase order system.
- Oversee Customers Invoicing process and approval of sales invoices
- Cash management
- Liaise with bank manager
- Set up and approval of new bank accounts
- Deal with queries
- Bank reconciliations
- Review weekly bank reconciliations
- Check and sign final month-end bank reconciliations
- Petty cash
- Check and sign final monthly Petty Cash reconciliation
- Perform sport check of PC on a quarterly basis
The successful individual will have:
- ACA/ACCA qualified or similar
- Sage Line 50 experience would be highly advantageous
- Excellent leadership skills and commercially focused.
- A keen interest in start-ups and scalable businesses.
- Advanced Excel skills are a must.
- Fluency in French, German or Spanish (or any other European language) is highly desired.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a qualified accountant who is wishing to forward their career in industry as it aims for an ambitious growth plan over the next five years.
- Salary based on experience
- Private medical insurance
- Annual bonus.
To apply, email your CV to [email protected]